directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DNS] Test commit plan
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2007 17:52:53 GMT

> Hi, Directory developers,
>
> I have tests to commit for DNS and just wanted to double-check a few
> things before I commit.
>
> 1)  I want to add 'dnsjava' as a dep to 'protocol-dns'.  This is our
> best bet for cross-platform tests, since the DNS JNDI provider is only
> Sun JDK, AFAICT.

OK

2)  I would add these tests to 'protocol-dns'.  I have a
> HashMap-backed implementation of the RecordStore interface.  This
> avoids the need to start-up the ApacheDS backend and so it doesn't
> make sense to put these tests anywhere but 'protocol-dns', as opposed
> to 'server-unit'.

Please make your tests work with the DirectoryServer backend so we know we
don't
break things while refactoring. The HashMap-backend is not in itself
sufficient to test
this capability.

So isolate these integration tests in server-unit which is the designated
area for tests going
through the wire.  Any protocol oriented test be it LDAP, Kerberos, DNS etc
should be in this
module.

Here's an earlier thread on this topic:

http://www.nabble.com/Kerberos-implementation-questions-tf4008688.html#a11510825