directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject [Triplesec] [AuthZ] Introduction
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2007 17:14:05 GMT
Introduction
-----------------

This series describes the circumstances resulting in the need for a
centralized
authorization policy management system.  In doing so, it defines a subset of
the
problems that must be solved by Triplesec's Authorization Manager.  These
problems
and the various use cases described here resonate the goals of the Apache
Triplesec
Project with respect to authorization policy.

We're going to talk about applications, identities, permissions, roles,
groups, and the
assignment of roles to individual identities as well as to groups of
identities.  This will
lead us into discussions regarding what these entities are with clear
definitions we can
agree on and use as the nomenclature for this aspect of Triplesec.

Let us try to be as exacting as possible when speaking about these concepts
and
defining them eventually for use in a glossary section of our Triplesec
documentation.

Thanks,
Alex