directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Studio] Eclipse Rich Ajax Platform (RAP)
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2007 16:27:58 GMT
On 10/23/07, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net> wrote:

> The good news is, it can be very flexible and easy to develop a light
> weight AND a rich client with the SAME code, with just a switch of target
> plaform when compiling the classes and a simple dependencies replacements in
> the MANIFEST.MF file.

:)

The bad news is, not all the SWT classes have been ported yet to Ajax UI
> classes so most of our existing plugins won't work with RAP.

:(

So I think, this can be interesting to look at an administrative application
> for Apache DS that could be deploy as an RCP Application but also as a RAP
> Application (which could be launched with the server using Jetty).

Excellent!

So, Alex, you're right... "we better embed Jetty into ApacheDS soon"

It's a good thing we have this on the roadmap.  It's not at all anything
that is difficult to do.  I had already done this
for Triplesec so it's just another task for us.

Thanks for the excellent news and thorough research into this new
technology.  This certainly fills a void and has
a practical use for us at a very low cost.  I like that combination :).

Alex