directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject [ApacheDS] Removing chain pattern from SASL binds
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2007 00:30:59 GMT
Hi Emmanuel,

Most of the logic in the chain can be moved out into simple stupid methods
removing much of
the complexity.  For now we might just flatten and use a method to do what
each link was doing.
I have no idea why the chain pattern was used in the first place.  Do you
know?  We might use
CoR in the core for intercepting calls but here I cannot see any reason for
it.  It's a damn mess.

After you're done refactoring I might clean up a tiny bit more.  I think we
need to take a pass
to just review the code perhaps looking for more cleanups we can make.  Then
we can get on
with Phase II.  If you like we can do a peer review of the entire state of
the server.  Perhaps
around the weekend or right after. WDYT?

I'll be hard to reach tomorrow but tonight I will review some of those new
interfaces for Phase II.

Alex