directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Configuration of protocols
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 21:25:12 GMT

> NTP is pretty darn simple and I'm going to code up a couple of
> examples using it so we can better see what we are talking about.

NTP is simple and one of the reasons why I picked it for the example.  Also
as you
say it can be used for a simple experiment to see the impact of what we want
to do
without a massive investment in time.

On the other hand although NTP is the easiest to understand the same
reasoning may not
apply to the other protocols.  Enrique understands these best so he might
have something to share
about it.  Knowing that he's not on IRC I made sure he got wind of it by
posting it here.

There's an extreme danger here of making a mountain out of a
> molehill :-)

Well the plan was simple: get rid of the configuration beans and directly
wire up the components.
As I said this was your idea and a damn good one.  I just don't want
configuration beans floating
around with one exception here and one exception there.

Let's set a standard pattern to follow and stick to it.

Alex