directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject [ApacheDS] [XBean] Final members and hiding configuration properties
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 18:44:30 GMT
Hi all,

David and I were talking about XBean on IRC and he informed me that XBean
will constructor inject
dependencies using the same format that exists for setter injection.  So
from my understanding this
means that we can use this capability to hide some configuration settings on
components instead
of requiring getter/setter methods for them.  Furthermore we can also keep
certain injected dependencies
as final which I had to remove earlier to make it work with setter based DI.

I find this as a possible solution to the concern of hiding properties that
may not need to be exposed
during runtime to consumers for better encapsulation.  David are you certain
that no change is required
to the configuration as it is now to start using constructor based DI in
combination with setter based
DI?

Thanks,
Alex