directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Sandboxing JBoss Sar (was: Re: [ApacheDS] Running inside JBoss with data storage)
Date Sun, 07 Oct 2007 18:51:51 GMT

> Hi Alex,
>
> there were a convo about sandboxing OSGi back in August (28th) before
> we release 1.5.1. Another mail has been sent suggesting to sandbox
> sar-plugin too, and I created a JIRA about it.
>
> May be it was a little bit too fast, for sure.
>
> We can revert the sandboxing easily.

No this was fine I just forgot it.  However let's ping the community and see
if someone is interested
in it and if interested enough to maintain it.  I forget who contributed it
but that person is long gone.

And you are right about such decisions : pushing it as a JIRA just
> before a release is not exactly the best way to get the good
> visibility, as everyone is just deep into his own tasks to deal with
> during the rush hours.
>
> So consider it as a mistake I did.

No worries again I just forgot about it then saw that the sar was gone.  It
was a bit of a surprise.
I think this thread is enough for someone to see and if they really want it
we can hear from them
and move it back.  If not let's leave it where it is.

Alex