directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Xbean issues
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2007 15:38:43 GMT
Hi David,

> One further comment.... IIRC after people complained about needing the
> xbean library

Oh no problem by me.  Go ahead and include it instead of having to use
reflection. I did not
see anyone complain about it.  Was this on our list?

I made it optional using reflection.... with the effect that until we start
> including the xbean library the current bigbang server.xml wont' work.
> I'll fix this tomorrow, but meanwhile if you write an integration test to
> start a spring-based server don't be too surprised if spring complains it
> can't understand the xml.

I tried to get the installers/apacheds-noarch project using it by using the
Xbean based ApplicationContext.
I finally got it working right to a point then ran into this qdox problem.

This XBean stuff is so awesome with the clarity it gives in the server XML
that I'm completely hooked
on it.  Let me know if there is anything I can do to make sure we get it
integrated so there are no problems
with using it.

Alex