directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Ersin Er" <>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Adding my own stored procedure engine
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2007 12:00:11 GMT
On 10/5/07, Stefan Zoerner <> wrote:
> Hi all!
> I tried to create my very own StoredProcEngine, and it seems to be
> possible and easy. But there is a place where I see some potential for
> improvement.
> It is not possible to add a new StoredProcEngineConfig to the
> StoredProcedureExtendedOperationHandler. It would be nice to have it
> configurable with Spring, because it would make it possible to add a new
> engine without code change (Open Closed Principle).
> I would like to change this. Default list of StoredProcEngineConfigs  is
> the { JavaStoredProcEngineConfig }, but another constructor allows to
> set a list of others as well.
> What do you think?

I am totally aware of this hardcoded structure. But it was intended as we
have been recently refactoring the configuration framework. So I wanted to
leave the dependency injection stuff untouched. And that's also why I
included a constructor which can take a parameter.

Any improvements are welcome!

Ersin Er

View raw message