directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Ersin Er" <>
Subject [ApacheDS] ServerAttribute - Attribute
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2007 07:30:39 GMT
Hi all,

I was looking at the proposal for ServerAttribute stuff at the following

First of all, IMO we should not have anything from JNDI inside the core. So
taking an Attribute as a parameter to ServerAttributeImpl constructor is not
necessary IMO. However we should have utilities to perform conversion
between the two.

And again following the same issue, there is a line in the mentioned

public  ServerAttributeImpl( Attribute attribute ) throws  NamingException
        if ( attribute == null )
            log.error(  "Null attribute is not allowed" );
            throw new  NamingException( "Null attribute is not allowed" );
        else if ( attribute instanceof  ServerAttributeImpl )

Neither ServerAttributeImpl nor ServerAttribute implements the Attribute
interface. So this constructor will never work. I guess it may be unintended
error. Not a big problem of course.

But the point is, again, I think it's better not to have Attribute inside
the server. As we'll decouple the JNDI layer, the conversion can be done
inside that adaptor if necessary.

Ersin Er

View raw message