directory-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Testing with a specific server.xml
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2007 21:17:16 GMT

On Oct 18, 2007, at 10:39 AM, Randy Motluck wrote:

> All,
>
> How can make the unit tests and integration tests use my changed
> server.xml.  I have some alternate backend components that I am
> trying to write/test.
>
> It does not seem clear to me how the integration tests work.  I
> know how to run them, just not get them to work with my specifc
> backend components.
>
> Any help is appreciated.

I'm not sure what you are trying to test or how applicable any
existing tests might be to your components.  I've just updated my
triplesec copy to work with the bigbang branch and gotten several
integration tests to work with a server.xml.  They use the Service
object from integration/apacheds-noarch to start up a server with my
triplesec server.xml.

My triplesec branch is at https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/
sandbox/djencks/triplesec-jacc2
The base test class is TriplesecIntegration in the integration module
and a typical use of it is TripleSecPolicyIntegrationTest in the jacc
module.

The only thing that can be said for this code is that it works, it
needs enormous amounts of cleanup.

In general I think it would be great if we had more spring based
integration tests.  So far there isn't even a test to show whether
the final server will start.

hope this helps
david jencks