directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: Buildsystem studio
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2007 08:46:11 GMT
Ok I see, something like the eclipse:eclipse task (which creates the
.project and .classpath)...

But, the fact is we use Eclipse editors [1][2] to edit this MANIFEST.MF file
as well as the plugin.xml file.
So I don't know if it's really an advantage to have it generated by Maven...
Is there any advantage we could have from using a Maven generated
MANIFEST.MF file ?

Regards,
P-A

[1]
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/cn/aix/library/au-fiteclipse2/AddPluginDependency.jpg-
The "Required Plugins" are represented in the
MANIFEST.MF file by the 'Require-Bundle' property.
[2] http://cs.unibg.it/gargantini/didattica/eclipse/libs_runtime.png - The
"Classpath" is represented in the the MANIFEST.MF file as by the
'Bundle-ClassPath' property.