directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: Buildsystem studio
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2007 08:39:48 GMT
Ok, thanks Felix.

I'm also realizing there could be another problem with the jar dependencies.
I know that usualy (that's what is done in ApacheDS projects) jar
dependencies declared in Maven are linked in Eclipse using the M2_REPO
location (basically '~/.m2/repository') in the classpath properties of a
project.

Here (in Studio), we really need the dependencies to be copied in the a
'lib' folder because:
- they need to be bundled in the jar of the plugin to work
- Eclipse needs them when bundling the plugin to launch it for testing and
debugging (same situation as the MANIFEST.MF file).

Do you think this is possible to have such a behavior for dependencies in
Maven (I'm really not a Maven expert... :'( ) ?

Thank,
P-A

PS: As you're starting to have something working, maybe it could be
interesting that we create in a sandbox a branch for Maven build of Studio.
It could help us work together on this.
What do you think guys ?
If I create a branch in my sandox (/directory/sandbox/pamarcelot/trunks),
will Felix be allowed to commit in it ?