directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: Buildsystem studio
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2007 08:08:13 GMT
Hi Felix,

On 10/22/07, Felix Knecht <felixk@apache.org> wrote:

> For the moment I'm stating 2 problems I haven't found a solution for and
> where I think it make sense to write an own plugin:
>
> - Adapting the <Bundle-Classpath> in Manifest files
> <configuration>
>   <classpath>., ...</classpath>
>   <artifactItems>
>     <artifact>
>       <groupId></groupId>
>       <artifactId></artifactId>
>     </artifact>
>   </artifactItems>
> </configuration>

Does this mean you want to get rid of the META-INF folder and the
MANIFEST.MF file in SVN and replace it by one generated by Maven when
creating the jar of the plugin ?
In this case, it could be a problem, as when we develop the plugins, we
usually launch our plugins within eclipse (the green arrow "Run" button) for
testing and debugging.
To be able to do that, Eclipse bundles the plugins (only the opened
projects) in it workspace and launches a new instance of itself with the
plugin under development loaded.
A part of this mechanism is based on this MANIFEST.MF file which stores the
name and id of the plugins and their classpathes.
Are you sure that automating the generation of such file(s) will not corrupt
this functionality, which we really use every day and is really a must-have.

- Updating jar archives in a given location (e.g. replace plugin.xml)
> <configuration>
>   <!-- Location of the jar archives to replace a file within -->
>   <location>target/ApacheDirectoryStudio/plugins</location>
>   <!-- Src of the replacing file -->
>

> <replaceSrc>src/main/configuration/org.eclipse.search/plugin.xml</replaceSrc>
>   <!-- target location in jar archive for the src file -->
>   <!-- target location in jar archive for the src file -->
>   <replaceDest>plugin.xml</replaceDest>
>   <!-- The archives the replace the file within -->
>   <artifactItems>
>     <artifact>
>       <groupId></groupId>
>       <artifactId></artifactId>
>     </artifact>
>   </artifactItems>
> </configuration>
>

> If nobody nows about a plugins providing such features I'm going to
> write one.

I have no idea if such a plugin exists, but I'm far from a Maven expert...
;)

Thanks,
p-A

Regards