directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: Buildsystem studio
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2007 11:04:25 GMT
On 10/18/07, Felix Knecht <felixk@apache.org> wrote:

> My suggestion is to have the needed files for RCP in a local maven
> repository in the project to be sure to have them.
> Having a script building/updating the local repository from a RCP
> download (not stored in svn). This gives an initial work to download the
> RCPs for the different platforms and run the script to create the repo
> with the needed eclipse artifacts.
> The eclipse artifacts are still in svn stored, but you never now when
> Eclipse will deploy its artifacts. Whenever a newer version of RCP is
> available you can download it, run the script and your fine with the
> dependencies for this.
>
> WDYT?

The files needed for RCP are a subset of plugins of a standard eclipse
distribution + each architecture specific version of SWT and native launcher
for Apache Directory Studio (which also includes a reorder of folders for
the Mac OS X specific version, for a more Mac OS X experience with an
application distributed as a single file) + a few hacks on some
plugin.xmlfiles of some eclipse plugins (for hiding unwanted
contributions, such as
menus, actions, etc.).
That's why we're still using eclipse 3.2 packages.

I don't if your proposal could work in that case.

WDYT?

P-A