directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Apache Directory Studio 1.1.0 and 1.0.2
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 12:37:17 GMT
Hi Dev,

I would like to get some status about Apache Directory Studio 1.1.0.

We currently have the 1.0.1 version out, and the 1.1.0 under development.
Apache Directory Studio 1.0.0 has been released on September 4th, so I was
thinking it could be interesting to see its successor coming within a 2
months time frame, to show our responsiveness and motivation.

I have well advanced in the work for 1.1.0, fixing bugs and adding major
enhancements to the Schema Editor. The work is not finished yet, I need to
polish it a little bit and update the documentation according to the
modifications I've done on the UI and I think I still need one or two weeks
to finish it completely.

I was wondering how was the other studio developers doing ? Do you think it
make sense to release 1.1.0 in the next three to five weeks ?

I was also wondering what to do about DIRSTUDIO-217. This is a major issue
blocking the creation of a connection on linux.

It has been fixed in 1.0.1 but I did a mistake and forgot to release a new
jar for the studio-connection-ui plugin. So, the issue is still there.

As Stefan Seelmann says in the Jira : "We only need to deliver the
1.0.1version of the connection-ui plugin. Therefor we must bump-up the
version of
all the features packages to 1.0.2. And we need to update the update site."
I would also add: update the packages and installer.

So, it's really an easy fix, it's just a matter of packaging correctly (this
time) the plugins.

I was wondering, since it should not take so much time, if it makes sense to
release as soon as possible a 1.0.2 release which addresses this particular
blocking issue.

What do you think ?

P-A