directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache DS latest code from the trunks 1.5.1x
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2007 03:40:56 GMT
On 10/25/07, Abdullah Zahur <azahur@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the help. Yes that was the problem and I will use the users list
> to post questions too. Basically what I am tring to do is modify ApacheDS,
> in such a way that it uses some other directory... other than the datastore
> of apacheDs to lookup users and their information.
> Can you give me some pointers.
> I was thinking that would it be easier, if I use referrals, to look up users
> then I might not have to modfiy anything in apacheDs what are you thoughts

There is an interface called PrincipalStore that you could easily
implement with an alternate backend.  We re-implement it with a
HashMap to do full-protocol tests without having to fire-up the
ApacheDS backend.

As for referrals, I haven't tried this and I'm not sure what the
current state of ApacheDS is w.r.t. referral support.  I doubt the
current PrincipalStore implementation we use would know what to do if
it finds a referral instead of the expected Kerberos principal.

BTW, prior to ApacheDS 1.5.1 the LDIF loader was "Kerberos aware,"
which is why your old way of loading principals no longer worked.  The
drawback to that mechanism was you could only load principals via
LDIF.  Now LDIF loads, LDAP changes, and the Change Password protocol
all use the interceptor.

Enrique