directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache DS latest code from the trunks 1.5.1x
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2007 19:26:12 GMT
On 10/20/07, Abdullah Zahur <azahur@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi all.
> I have been trying to set the Apache DS with Kerberos enabled. I am using
> the original server.xml that comes with apacheds code with out any changes
> and am using the Kerberos-example.ldif that also comes with the code....
> without modifications.

It sounds like you need to un-comment the XML stanza that enables the
KeyDerivationService in the server.xml.  This service (interceptor)
intercepts writes of the user password to automatically derive the
keys required for Kerberos operation.  With the interceptor enabled,
you can either re-write the passwords using the LDAP protocol or you
can delete your database and reload the principals via LDIF import.