directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] [Kerberos] Where are the full integration tests for Kerberos backed by the DIT
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2007 16:39:02 GMT

> Do you have any integration tests for Kerberos where it's backed by the DIT?
> As I refactor I wanted
> to make sure I don't break the store integration in the Kerberos server.

The short answer is no.  The longer answer is that we discussed this
and the problem is that we only have the JAAS Kerberos client
available for full ITests tests and, since it is fixed to use port 88
(requires external config to override), we can't use it for tests
since that requires a root bind.  So, I launched into the Kerberos
client component initiative.  That is pretty well along, and it is
great for ITests, but it is not stable enough to use, just yet, in the
trunk.

If you really want to test, you can use the SaslGssapiITest in
server-unit.  This is commented out for the aforementioned root bind
issue with the Kerberos LoginModule.  Also, of course, it is testing
LDAP GSSAPI but it does first use Kerberos, so you could use it in a
pinch.

Enrique