directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What about Kerberos becoming a separate project ?
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 17:53:32 GMT
> I would add something to what Alex just said : we didn't anted to make
> Kerberos a separate Apache project, but a separate sub-project, from
> Maven point of view. This was just about an internal refactoring.
>
> Kerberos and Apache Directory Project are tighly coupled right now,
> and will remain coupled for a while.

They are only coupled from a build point-of-view.  The entire
directory store is behind an interface.  For example, for tests there
is a HashMap-based store implementation.

A separate sub-project could help attract committers.  A common
complaint I hear from people is that apacheds sub-sub-projects pull in
the dependencies and build overhead of the whole apacheds server.

Enrique