directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Buildsystem studio
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2007 08:55:54 GMT
Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot schrieb:
> Ok I see, something like the eclipse:eclipse task (which creates the
> .project and .classpath)...
>
> But, the fact is we use Eclipse editors [1][2] to edit this
> MANIFEST.MF file as well as the plugin.xml file.
> So I don't know if it's really an advantage to have it generated by
> Maven...
> Is there any advantage we could have from using a Maven generated
> MANIFEST.MF file ?

The only one I could see is getting the Bundle-ClassPath updated by
maven instead of doing it manually when a version of a referenced jar in
the Bundle-ClassPath is changed in the root pom.xml.
But I haven't known about the this feature of eclipse. So there is no
need to do it.
Thanks for spotting.

Felix