directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Buildsystem studio
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2007 08:15:27 GMT
Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot schrieb:
> Hi Felix,
>
> On 10/22/07, *Felix Knecht* <felixk@apache.org
> <mailto:felixk@apache.org>> wrote:
>
>     For the moment I'm stating 2 problems I haven't found a solution
>     for and
>     where I think it make sense to write an own plugin:
>
>     - Adapting the <Bundle-Classpath> in Manifest files
>     <configuration>
>       <classpath>., ...</classpath>
>       <artifactItems>
>         <artifact>
>           <groupId></groupId>
>           <artifactId></artifactId>
>         </artifact>
>       </artifactItems>
>     </configuration>
>

> Does this mean you want to get rid of the META-INF folder and the
> MANIFEST.MF file in SVN and replace it by one generated by Maven when
> creating the jar of the plugin ?
> In this case, it could be a problem, as when we develop the plugins,
> we usually launch our plugins within eclipse (the green arrow "Run"
> button) for testing and debugging.
> To be able to do that, Eclipse bundles the plugins (only the opened
> projects) in it workspace and launches a new instance of itself with
> the plugin under development loaded.
> A part of this mechanism is based on this MANIFEST.MF file which
> stores the name and id of the plugins and their classpathes.
> Are you sure that automating the generation of such file(s) will not
> corrupt this functionality, which we really use every day and is
> really a must-have.

No, I'm absolutely not sure, thanks for the hint.
It'll probably not work when MANIFEST.MF is create automatically,
because it would exist only after a maven build within the generated
jar. Therefore Eclipse wouldn't know about the MANIFEST.MF.
I don't think that it makes sense to automate MANIFEST creation automated.

Felix