directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Buildsystem studio
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2007 07:36:51 GMT
Alex Karasulu schrieb:
> Hi Felix,
>
> Just curious what were those two problems?
>
> I did not know off the top of my head if there was a clear way now
> besides some workarounds I've
> seen in the past for building eclipse RCP bundles using Maven.  I
> guess this is what you want to
> do right?

Yes.
In general http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Eclipse+Plugin is
the way I'm going to try.

But:
Within the plugins studio creates you'll find entries in the Manifest
file like
<Bundle-ClassPath>lib/commons-io-1.3.1.jar, .</Bundle-ClassPath>
It would be nice to have commons-io-1.3.1.jar resolved via indicating an
artifact and not having it hardcoded somewhere in the pom to avoid
adapting versions in case of.

Studio adapts plugins distributed by eclipse, see
studio-rcp/build.xml:  "Replacing some plugin.xml to get rid of unused
actions, menus, wizard, views, ..."

For those two issues I haven't found a way todo.

Felix