directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Studio] Customizable size for ConnectionWidget
Date Sat, 20 Oct 2007 12:18:10 GMT
Hi Pierre-Arnaud,

you are totally right. Hardcoding the width and height in that way is
not a good idea, my fault. On Linux/GTK the height of the widget is
good. But on other platforms it may be too high.

Instead the width and heigt of widgets should be calculated depending on
the platform dependent font metrics. Here is a code snippet:

GC gc = new GC( control );
gc.setFont( JFaceResources.getDialogFont() );
FontMetrics fontMetrics = gc.getFontMetrics();
gc.dispose();

int width = Dialog.convertHorizontalDLUsToPixels( fontMetrics,
IDialogConstants.MINIMUM_MESSAGE_AREA_WIDTH );
int height = Dialog.convertVerticalDLUsToPixels( fontMetrics,
IDialogConstants.MINIMUM_MESSAGE_AREA_WIDTH / 2 );

I don't think we need to pass a GridData to the createContent() method
when we use that calculation.

WDYT?

Regards,
Stefan Seelmann