directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Buildsystem studio
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2007 10:49:53 GMT

> Situation is way better now, and we are considering the transition
> from ant to maven, but we will do it if and only if we have a clear
> solution to manage the packaging for multiple platforms. The Studio
> team is regularly looking for the best way to do that (and we
> discussed about that with the Maven guys in May).

My suggestion is to have the needed files for RCP in a local maven
repository in the project to be sure to have them.
Having a script building/updating the local repository from a RCP
download (not stored in svn). This gives an initial work to download the
RCPs for the different platforms and run the script to create the repo
with the needed eclipse artifacts.
The eclipse artifacts are still in svn stored, but you never now when
Eclipse will deploy its artifacts. Whenever a newer version of RCP is
available you can download it, run the script and your fine with the
dependencies for this.

WDYT?

Felix