directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Buildsystem studio
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2007 08:18:42 GMT

> On 10/17/07, *Felix Knecht* <felixk@apache.org
> <mailto:felixk@apache.org>> wrote:
>
>     Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot schrieb:
>     > Hi Felix,
>     >
>     > Well, the answer is: both...
>     >
>     > At the beginning at the project, when we started the build
>     system, we
>     > tried to use Maven first. Maven is really great for building
>     jars but
>     > building Eclipse plugins is very special. We couldn't find a way for
>     > Maven to resolve the Eclipse dependencies of the plugins (like
>     Eclipse
>     > Core, Eclipse SWT for example).

For the dependencies stored in svn you can define a local repository to
use for maven. The directory structure would be equal to a remote maven
repo.

Definition of a local maven repo within the project.
  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <releases>
        <checksumPolicy>ignore</checksumPolicy>
      </releases>
      <snapshots>
        <checksumPolicy>ignore</checksumPolicy>
      </snapshots>
      <id>provided.local</id>
      <name>Locally Provided Repository</name>
      <url>file:${project.basedir}/../dependencies</url>
    </repository>