directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [SOLVED] Re: Building trunk apacheds
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2007 19:42:50 GMT
Alex Karasulu schrieb:
> I updated the documentation on building the server as well as the
> installers which were incorrect due to
> shifts in the structure of the project that resulted in the course of
> the 1.5.0->1.5.1 releases.  Here's that
> link again:
>
> http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/building-trunks.html#Buildingtrunks-Gettingthecode
>
> You'll see a warning about issuing maven commands from the top.

This would have helped me for sure. Maybe it's helpfull for less used maven-users to say that
the modules in addition
(share, installers? and daemon?) must be build before trying to build apacheds. I'm not sure
about the dependencies, but
for me it seems logical to build in order
- share
- apacheds
- daemon/installers

Maybe you could indicate the build order in the "Issue Commands From Top" (or somewhere above)
as well.

Felix