directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Directory Studio 1.1.0 and 1.0.2
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 21:25:58 GMT
Hi,

> I would like to get some status about Apache Directory Studio 1.1.0.
>
> We currently have the 1.0.1 version out, and the 1.1.0 under development.
> Apache Directory Studio 1.0.0 has been released on September 4th, so I
> was thinking it could be interesting to see its successor coming within
> a 2 months time frame, to show our responsiveness and motivation.
>
> I have well advanced in the work for 1.1.0, fixing bugs and adding major
> enhancements to the Schema Editor. The work is not finished yet, I need
> to polish it a little bit and update the documentation according to the
> modifications I've done on the UI and I think I still need one or two
> weeks to finish it completely.
>
> I was wondering how was the other studio developers doing ? Do you think
> it make sense to release 1.1.0 in the next three to five weeks ?

I am currently working on simplying the IBrowserConnection interface
(DIRSTUDIO-123).

I think it makes sense to release 1.1.0 in the beginning of November. We
have some bugfixes and improvments.

> I was also wondering what to do about DIRSTUDIO-217. This is a major
> issue blocking the creation of a connection on linux.

It is not only a linux problem, I also had this problem on Windows. But
we have a workaround for this issue. As Emmanuel suggested, I added the
workaround to the FAQ page: http://directory.apache.org/studio/faqs.html

> It has been fixed in 1.0.1 but I did a mistake and forgot to release a
> new jar for the studio-connection-ui plugin. So, the issue is still there.
>
> As Stefan Seelmann says in the Jira : "We only need to deliver the 1.0.1
> version of the connection-ui plugin. Therefor we must bump-up the
> version of all the features packages to 1.0.2. And we need to update the
> update site."
> I would also add: update the packages and installer.
>
> So, it's really an easy fix, it's just a matter of packaging correctly
> (this time) the plugins.
>
> I was wondering, since it should not take so much time, if it makes
> sense to release as soon as possible a 1.0.2 release which addresses
> this particular blocking issue.
>
> What do you think ?

I think we could live with the workaround, lets work on 1.1.0

Regards,
Stefan Seelmann