directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject [ApacheDS] Adding my own stored procedure engine
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2007 11:37:07 GMT
Hi all!

I tried to create my very own StoredProcEngine, and it seems to be
possible and easy. But there is a place where I see some potential for
improvement.

It is not possible to add a new StoredProcEngineConfig to the
StoredProcedureExtendedOperationHandler. It would be nice to have it
configurable with Spring, because it would make it possible to add a new
engine without code change (Open Closed Principle).

I would like to change this. Default list of StoredProcEngineConfigs  is
the { JavaStoredProcEngineConfig }, but another constructor allows to
set a list of others as well.

What do you think?