directory-dev mailing list archives

From Quanah Gibson-Mount <>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Change log ietf draft
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2007 15:45:36 GMT
--On Monday, October 01, 2007 2:19 AM +0200 Emmanuel Lecharny
<> wrote:

> In any cases, we also need to be able to log Search requests. It's a
> part of any AAA system... And some countries mandates you to store
> such informations (nah, not china nor USA : Swiss !) for tracking
> purpose if you open this system to the public.

Yeah, completely familiar with that. ;)

Also, I should correct my earlier bit -- With delta-sycnrepl, it is not
required that you only log writes.  You can log any other operations you
want too, but logging writes is required. ;)  Part of the setup for
delta-syncrepl restricts it to only reading write ops from the access log

<> has an example of
setting it up under OpenLDAP that I wrote up a while ago.

I'd love to see a common replication mechanism between ADS and OpenLDAP
(really, I'd love to see one (or more) across all the dir servers. ;) ).

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc