directory-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [bigbang] The server is spliting pieces ...
Date Sat, 06 Oct 2007 07:46:26 GMT

On Oct 5, 2007, at 5:46 PM, Alex Karasulu wrote:

> Was working for me earlier.  David you're change essentially
> removes the xbean based context factory.  Removing
> it breaks this project rather fixing it for me :).  I guess there's
> something wacky here.  Regardless we should use
> the XBean contextFactory instead.

I'm not sure what you are seeing, there are lots of xbean context
factories.  I changed

-import org.apache.xbean.spring.context.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext;
+import org.apache.xbean.spring.context.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext;

which is definitely an xbean context factory, otherwise the
server.xml definitely would not work.  I verified that before my
change I got the same exception as elecharney starting the server
using the apacheds.sh script in installers/apacheds-noarch and that
after the change I could start the server and connect to it using
ldap studio.  The FileSystemXmlApplicationContext is the same one I
use in the geronimo plugin and in the itest in server-xml.  As I said
I don't understand why my change makes any difference but since it
fixed the problem and I could connect to the server afterwords it
seemed pretty  safe.

I'm still wondering if workingDirectory is really supposed to be a dn.

thanks
david jencks