directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Jan-Olof Herbertsson" <jan-olof.herberts...@acando.com>
Subject How to deploy a custom partition
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 19:51:07 GMT
Hi

I try to deploy the CustomPartition (fetched from http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/directory/sandbox/akarasulu/custom-partition/)

into ApacheDS 1.0. But with no success.

I have no idea how server.xml should be configured? Are there some examples available?

How to define the connection between the CustomPartition class and myPartitionConfiguration
in server.xml

I tried with following in server.xml
1)  Defined the bean
<bean id="mypartition" class="foo.bar.CustomPartition"/>

and the constructor was executed.
But I suppose it should be more here …. ?

2) Added myPartitionConfiguration to contextPartitionConfigurations

<property name="contextPartitionConfigurations">

      <set>

        <ref bean="examplePartitionConfiguration"/>

        <ref bean="sevenSeasPartitionConfiguration"/>

        <ref bean="myPartitionConfiguration"/>

      </set>

    </property>

3) Copied the examplePartitionConfiguration to myPartitionConfiguration
bean id="myPartitionConfiguration" class="org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.MutableBTreePartitionConfiguration">

    <property name="contextEntry">

      <value>

        objectClass: top

        objectClass: organization

        objectClass: extensibleObject

        ou: mypartition

      </value>

    </property>

  </bean>

But without no success. Any hints what’s wrong?

BR

/ JOH