directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Okpe Pessu" <ope...@cougaarsoftware.com>
Subject RE: Custom Attributes
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2007 15:57:49 GMT
Thanks for your response. Seems like apacheDS 1.5 is what I need but
it's still unstable, you have any idea as to timeframe for a stable
release of version 1.5.
Okpe Pessu

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Zoerner [mailto:stefan@labeo.de]
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2007 11:34 AM
To: Apache Directory Developers List
Subject: Re: Custom Attributes

Okpe Pessu wrote:
> Hi I was wondering how I could add an entry with custom attributes not

> defined in schema. Is this possible?
> Thanks in advance for responding
>
> Okpe

Hi Okpe!

I would recommend to add your custom attributes to the schema first (and

use them afterwards within your entries). For ApacheDS 1.5, this is
quite easy. An approach with examples is documented here:

http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/add-your-first-elements-to-the-
schema.html

Without schema checking enabled, you will easily loose integrity within
your directory data.

Please note, that we also have a user mailing list. If you have specific

questions during attribute definition, it is probably more appropriate
to post there.