Yep this is an option too.  Emmanuel has some ideas as well such as writing translators from old server.xml to
new one.  But I'm not keen on this.

Our problem is we are treating 1.5 branch as if it were a stable branch and not using it for hard core experimental
work anymore since we're driving users towards it since it just blows 1.0 away.  This puts us into the dilemma of
dealing with the woes of users.

I guess we can just say hey this is an experimental branch that you have to deal with changes to.  WDYT?

Alex