Yes you're absolutely right.  Thanks for helping me see the true path.  Let's refactor it in.
Now who will do this when is an issue as always.  I'll see if I can spare cycles for it but I
need help: drowning over here.

Alex

What I am sure is that this feature is a MUST and it's urgent. The things you proposed in the thread "Specifying application level subtrees?" even depend on this feature. Without virtual attributes, no dynamic stuff makes sense. So I suggest starting working on this immediately.