Hiya Stefan,
 
Just as a general rule we should never commit on release tags.  These are there
as snapshot so changing them will move the snapshot.  There should be no
visible changes to tags when you do a:
 
svn log --stop-on-copy
 
But then again we've committed on release tags in the past out of ignorance so you're
not the first.  I've done it myself :(.  Anyways we just need to have people understand
what tags are and adhere to the rules or our release builds will not build.  Well
maven issues don't allow this anyway hahaha: the no snapshot plugins rule however
should fix that.
 
Would be nice to have subversion protect tags someway.  Perhaps we can use a custom
commit hook that just disallows commits on release tags if they match a certain path
and pattern hmmm. 
 
Regards,
Alex

 
On 9/2/07, Stefan Seelmann <seelmann@apache.org> wrote:
Hi Chris,

the problem is that the tree pages are instantiated by the eclipse
framework in an undefined order. So the wrong order of the pages could
happen on every platform. It is just luck that they or in the correct
order on windows.

With the fix I added an order criteria. After instantiation they are
sorted to the correct order. Now the Browser page depends on the
Authentication page and the Authentication page depends on the Network page.

If it is too much work to create the installers again then just keep the
current installers. We could provide an update in one week or two. I
will revert the changes on the 1.0.0 release tag then.

Regards,
Stefan


Chris Custine schrieb:
> I can do that, but since the problem doesn't occur on Windows for some
> reason, do you think its worth it or should we just ship what we have?
> Since I am not familiar with the details of the fix or the problem, you
> guys will have to let me know what you think about this.
>
> Chris
>
> On 9/2/07, *Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot* < pa@marcelot.net
> <mailto:pa@marcelot.net>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Stefan,
>
>     Thanks for the fix on both versions.
>
>     I hope the Suite Installer can integrate this latest version to fix
>     this problem...
>     Is it possible guys? Chris? Alex?
>
>     Thanks
>
>     P-A
>
>
>     On 9/2/07, *Stefan Seelmann* <seelmann@apache.org
>     <mailto:seelmann@apache.org>> wrote:
>
>         Hi,
>
>         @Chris:
>         The problem is fixed in trunk and tags/1.0.0 branch. Could you
>         please
>         test again?
>
>
>         @Emmanuel:
>         The files with all the connections are located under
>
>         ~/.ApacheDirectoryStudio/.metadata/.plugins/org.apache.directory.studio.connection.core
>
>
>
>         Note that there are two files: connections.xml and
>         connections.xml-temp.
>         The first is the main file, the second is a backup file to avoid
>         lost
>         connections if the main file is corrupt.
>
>
>         Regards,
>         Stefan
>
>
>         Emmanuel Lecharny schrieb:
>         > Hi Chris, Pam,
>         >
>         > I had this same problem on my laptop. The strange thing is that
>         I had
>         > created a connection in my old version, and after having removed
>         > everything and reinstalled the new version, the connection was
>         still
>         > present.
>         >
>         > My guess is that some previous configuration file is still
>         somwhere on
>         > my disk, and badly used by the new version.
>         >
>         > We just have to figure out which file is responsible for this pb.
>         >
>         > Emmanuel
>         >
>         > Chris Custine a écrit :
>         >
>         >> Yes, I completely removed ~/.ApacheDirectoryStudio  several
>         times while I
>         >> was testing the issue.  I also re-installed several times and
>         tried using
>         >> several different JDKs each time to make sure it wasn't a bug
>         in Java
>         >> collections or something.  Same result with JDK 1.5 and 1.6.
>         >>
>         >> Hope this info helps...
>         >>
>         >> Thanks,
>         >> Chris
>         >>
>         >> On 9/2/07, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot < pa@marcelot.net
>         <mailto: pa@marcelot.net>> wrote:
>         >>
>         >>
>         >>> Hey Chris,
>         >>>
>         >>> I had this too, but only when I was working with an old
>         Apache Directory
>         >>> Studio repository (~/.ApacheDirectoryStudio).
>         >>>
>         >>> Are you sure you removed this directory before starting AD
>         Studio ?
>         >>>
>         >>> Thanks,
>         >>>
>         >>> P-A
>         >>>
>         >>> On 9/2/07, Chris Custine < ccustine@apache.org
>         <mailto:ccustine@apache.org>> wrote:
>         >>>
>         >>>> Hi Stefan and Pierre,
>         >>>> I have updated my local instance of Studio to 1.0 on Linux
>         (as built by
>         >>>> the 1.0 release tag) and found this potential bug.  I deleted my
>         >>>> previous ~/.ApacheDirectoryStudio directory so that there
>         were no
>         >>>> conflicts
>         >>>> and started from scratch so I am pretty sure it is an actual
>         issue.
>         >>>>
>         >>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSTUDIO-180
>         < https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSTUDIO-180>
>         >>>>
>         >>>> There is an easy workaround which is to disable the "Get
>         Base DNs from
>         >>>> root DSE" and set up the network tab, but the fist impression is
>         >>>> confusing.
>         >>>> Also, as mentioned in the issue, it does not appear to happen on
>         >>>> Windows, so
>         >>>> I am not sure what is going on.
>         >>>>
>         >>>> Chris
>         >>>>
>         >>>>
>         >>>
>         >>
>         >>
>         >>
>         >
>
>
>