Hi, dears

I investigated those jars in studio used to connect to ldap server. Seems they uses Sun's service provider.

From JndiConnectionContext:

public void connect( String host, int port, boolean useLdaps, boolean useStartTLS, Control[] connCtls,
        ExtendedProgressMonitor monitor ) throws NamingException
    {

        this.environment = new Hashtable<String, String>();
        this.environment.put( Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, " com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory" ); //$NON-NLS-1$
        this.environment.put( "java.naming.ldap.version", "3" ); //$NON-NLS-1$ //$NON-NLS-2$

       // more logic here......
    }

The problem is, harmony as a JDK, is the provider for such things like com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory. We aims to provide our compatible implementation. Such as org.apache.harmony.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory.
So, may be we could not used studio code directly.

But, at least, test cases for the studio will be invaluable asset for us.

--
Spark Shen
China Software Development Lab, IBM