directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Li" <liyilei1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Is studio using Sun's ldap service provider?
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2007 12:25:21 GMT
On 9/4/07, Stefan Seelmann <seelmann@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Spark,
>
> I agree with Emmanuel, the Sun provider is hardcoded in Studio.
>
> However from my expirience, there are a lot of applications out there
> using "com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory" hardcoded in the code, so they
> won't run with Harmony.
>
> Is it possible to add this class into harmony, maybe only as a delegate
> to the real implemention? The JDKs of IBM and BEA include this class
> too, but I don't know if they just relicensed it from Sun.

   The problem is here, to some degree a little interesting :)
   Harmony is trying to implement its own LdapCtxFactory, whose main
focus is a ldap client.
   So we are exploring whether there is some feature in ldap server
can be reused in implementing ldap client.
   Is it all right, Spark?

--
Leo Li
China Software Development Lab, IBM