directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Mini-roadmap for protocol work
Date Sun, 30 Sep 2007 07:47:16 GMT
> Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>
> > for ( project in {DNS, NTP, DHCP, ChangePW, Kerberos} do
> >   1) Add some doco on confluence
> >   2) Clean the chain
> >   3) Add some tests
> > done
>
> I volunteer to do the docs and tests for NTP. I have already started
> with tests in order to learn how the protocol providers work, and NTP is
> the easiest one. I was able to create a JUnit integration test with
> Commons-Net NTP client, for instance.

That's just great ! The more tests we will have, the better. Also if
you get a grip on the code, that means the community is building up :)

> Perhaps Enrique can concentrate on the more complex and important
> protocols like ChangePW. The only thing I need is a code review by
> Enrique for the tests and the configuration documentation afterwards.

You'd better try to work together on NTP to be sure you don't miss
anyting important then. Use the ML for any question, so that everyone
will have the possibility to share your questions and answers.

I don't thing it will take to much of Enrique's time, so he can move
on changePw tests and doco.

> There are two questions I faced yesterday:
> * Is JUnit 4 now the default for tests (so: Should I use it for new tests)?

The asnwer is yes : we have bundled all the maven project with JUnit4.

It's not a big change, as previous test are still working well, but it
brings some cool new features like annotations. (I know, syntaxic
sugar, but anyway ;)

> * Should I create the tests in Big Bang or the 1.5 trunk?

Add them in trunk, because we need them in trunk, but as we will merge
them with bigbang and the way out, at the end of the day, it makes no
difference...

Thanks a lot Stefan !
--
Regards,