directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Mini-roadmap for protocol work
Date Sat, 29 Sep 2007 22:38:00 GMT
Hi Enrique,

seems to be a pretty neat roadmap.

May I suggest that you just do it in a slightly different order ?

for ( project in {DNS, NTP, DHCP, ChangePW, Kerberos} do
  1) Add some doco on confluence
  2) Clean the chain
  3) Add some tests
done

(I don't really know if DHCP won't be sandboxed at some point, but NTP
will remain in the server, because it's needed for Kerberos.)

The idea is to clean the simplest protocols first, and to get me into
the last loop when starting with Kerberos. I have still a hell loyt of
work to do on the kerberos branch, and I really want to do it with
you.

Some more points :
- for doco, Christine and Stefan (Z) are the peeps to work with.
- you can add your mini-roadmap into the main roadmap
(http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxPMGT/2.0+Roadmap), so
that everyone will have a clear visibility about your progression
(it's a matter of when we will be able to release : as you can see, we
are now 11 working on the project, and we must be much more 'serious')
- We will also clean the chain into SASL, because we have clear
problems with it (not sure it's already in the roadmap, but we will
add it).
- we will have to work on kerberos together, and it will take time, so
be patient, because there are many things we will change in the server
itself. However, I think we will be much more efficient together than
each of us alone.
- This may differ the PKINIT integration into the trunk, but it's not
really a big deal, if we can have a clean place to inject it.

Btw, if you have to work on a new external project, it would be cool
to tell us so we can define a deadline for some of you assigned tasks,
to be able to define the 2.0 release content.

Thanks !

--
Regards,
Cordialement,