directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject [Filters] New parser
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2007 09:59:41 GMT
Hi,

due to some serious reentrant problems we have with the current server
implementation, I'm rewriting the filter parser.

Things are going well, but I have a question about the syntax. RFC
4515 does not allow spaces inside a filter, but the current parser
allows them. For instance :
( ou = test ) is valid for our antlr parser, when it's not
specifically allowed by the grammar.

I can relax the grammar easily, but then we may have issues like :
( ou= test) should match "test" or only " test" ? or should we use
this filter : ( ou = \20test ) to match " test" ?

I would favor a strict parser otherwise we will have serious problems
with such values containing starting or trailing spaces.

Keep in mind that the filter parser will only be used when embedding
the server. For a remote server, filters are already parsed by the
client.

wdyt ?

--
Regards,