directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Applying large scale changes to 1.5.x branch (trunk)
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2007 18:34:47 GMT
Rahhhh... Not an easy choice...

It's not that much about the change we will inject into the server, but :
- the impact on our current users
- the roadmap we are trying to define.

IMHO, this kind of question arose because we don't have clear roadmaps.

Anyway :
[X] Option #2: Create separate branch (2.5) for these kinds of changes
while trying to release a 2.0 sooner without a major impact to the
user base.

because we can't delay releases for ever. We will always have
something new to add to the server. I don't like this 'never ending
story' issue : at some point, we must release.

Emmanuel

--
Regards,
Cordialement,