directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <>
Subject Re: [Kerberos] PKINIT support
Date Sat, 29 Sep 2007 00:55:12 GMT
On 9/28/07, David Jencks <> wrote:
> I've had some discussions with Alex and Emmanuel and it's become clear to
> me that I let a combination of my own frustrations and lack of knowledge of
> the history here run away and lead me to making some unfortunate statements.

Thanks David for clarifying this. We know any onlooker with incomplete
information could fall into the same
situation especially when we reject a contribution.

IIUC the underlying situation here is that most of the apacheds community
> has an informal criterion for code being in trunk and released -- that more
> that one person can support the code.  This could be from several people
> working on it, general familiarity with it, or through javadoc,
> documentation, and examples.  Through some historical accidents there is
> some code in the server that doesn't really meet this criterion very well
> and there's some confusion about what to do about it and how to keep the
> problem from getting worse.

We unfortunately had a less than ideal situation here with code dumping in
the past.  As a result we must now "manage"
a specific committer's activities.  We trust all of our folks at the start
since we vote them in and see it as a chore to have
to manage anything at all.  We, the PMC, feel very good vibes from people
like yourself who have the right intentions.

I personally feel bad that I did not have the time to help when you needed
it with your patches: which all btw met our
criteria.  I think we've rectified that and can continue forward.

View raw message