directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What about Kerberos becoming a separate project ?
Date Sat, 22 Sep 2007 16:54:57 GMT
-1

Kerberos does not have enough community around it to warrant the exposure of
having it a
separate project.  It was at some point separate but I purposely merged it
back in as
a plugin of ApacheDS.

> I was wondering if we couldn't move all the kerberos code into a
> specific subproject, at teh same level as apacheds, daemon, shared ?
>
> Kerberos is really not deeply tight to the apacheds project, so it
> could make sense to have it moved in its own place.

It will be much more integrated once we remove the JNDI layer.  It's fine
where it is as a
set of separate modules and as an ApacheDS plugin.

Alex