directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] (objectClass=top)
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2007 20:21:55 GMT
Yes we must start thinking about this heavily but the question remains:
When?

Do we get a 2.0 out with what features we can fit into the present
architecture first
then work on these features in the next experimental branch?

IMO 1.0 is just done. 1.5.x is so much better in every respect.  Our users
deserve 2.0
ASAP.  But we must balance this with stuffing in the right features into
what exists.
I want 2.0.x to have a good half life.  We need to decide what to do.  Or we
can just
start working on a redesign concurrently in some branch.

Alex