directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Specifying application level subtrees?
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2007 17:56:39 GMT
Ok got another idea on the matter ...

Let's think about the inverse.  You have this subtreeSelector and when you
read the entry
of that objectClass with object (base) scope without any controls you can
get the following
results:

(1) a single entry with all the member attribute values injected into it
(2) multiple entries if the member attribute values exceed a certain
threshold

If a management control is present then you see the entry without any of the
magic going
on.

Now perhaps we need to make the subtreeSelector an AUXILIARY objectClass so
it can
be added to static groups.  Once that happens the injection is handled by
the server and
clients see a static group with all it's members.

Also we will need a threshold parameter in the subtreeSelector to be used as
the trigger
to switch from mode 1 to mode 2 based on the size of the result set.

WDYT?

Alex