directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r577181 - in /directory/apacheds/trunk: core-unit/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/server/core/unit/ core/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/server/core/changelog/ server-tools/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/server/tools/command
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2007 16:52:10 GMT
Hi E,

I was exploring having a ChangeLogService from which you can get the
interceptor
or interceptors to add to the chain.  I was thinking the service can be
something that
is a high level interface accessible from the DirectoryService.

I have not finished toying with the idea but this may be something that is
ok for this
specific service but not all.  We definitely have to think about how we're
going to
structure interceptors that act on behalf of a service in the server instead
of making
every service and interceptor or a service.  Just got to solidify some ideas
around this.

This ChangeLog service thingy is just me playing around with the
possibilities for now.
I'm also thinking how this all breaks down in terms of configuration etc.
So there's a
lot for me to think about in order to give the best answers here.  For now I
may just call
it an interceptor to stay in line with what we've already done for
consistency sake but
then we can revisit how to better structure things.

Alex