directory-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Ersin Er" <ersin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Ramifications of removing configuration beans
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2007 19:04:26 GMT
We need a Release Schedule/Roadmap for 2.0 right now.

On 9/25/07, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I didn't say that we should not experiment in branch, but that we
> should not merge the branch in 2.0, otherwise we will have too many
> configuration change.
>
> When 2.0 will be out, we may then merge the branch with trunk, or
> discard the branch.
>
> Branching to experiment this new configuration is like if we
> anticipate the 2.5 trunk, and I have nothing againt that.
>
> On 9/25/07, Alex Karasulu <akarasulu@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > On 9/25/07, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > For those reasons, I would say : keep 2.0 conf as is, and do
> > > experimentations in a branch.
> >
> > So we're not going to be too free to experiment from now on in 1.5branch?
> > This sort of
> > breaks with our general policy on branches yet it's appealing in many
> other
> > ways.  It's
> > just a matter of trade offs.  It's more important in this case for us to
> > just make a decision.
> >
> > Either option is fine with me since both choices take relatively the
> same
> > time and energy.
> > I started this thread to see what people are thinking about it and it
> sounds
> > as though there
> > is a split.  Perhaps we just need a vote and go with it.
> >
> > Alex
> >
> >
>
>
> --
> Regards,
> Cordialement,
> Emmanuel L├ęcharny
> www.iktek.com
>



-- 
Ersin Er
http://www.ersin-er.name
Mime
View raw message