directory-dev mailing list archives

From Simon.Tem...@saaconsultants.com
Subject Re: Dumping The Partition in DS 1.5
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2007 13:20:51 GMT

Emmanuel,

Thanks but...

      javax.naming.NamingException: attributeType w/ OID
1.3.6.1.4.1.18060.0.4.1.2.2 not registered!

IMHO: I think the Registries I'm working with need need to be set to
something other than the 'default'?

How do I get a reference to boostrapRegistries in an running, embedded
directory?

Thanks

Simon Temple

25 September 2007 11:35
To: "Apache Directory Developers List" <dev@directory.apache.org>
cc:
From: "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecharny@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Dumping The Partition in DS 1.5

Hi Simon,

the method
org.apache.directory.server.schema.registries.DefaultOidRegistry.getOid()
expect to receive an OID as a parameter, not a name. You might want to
use the  SchemaConstant  constants I just committed :

AttributeType attributeType =
bootstrapRegistries.getAttributeTypeRegistry(  )
              .lookup( SchemaConstants.APACHE_UP_DN_OID );

Not 100% sure it's enough though :)

On 9/25/07, Simon.Temple@saaconsultants.com
<Simon.Temple@saaconsultants.com> wrote:

> For an embedded DS I provide a dump method which prints the content of
the
> jdbm partition(s) as a form of data integrity check.
>
> In order to implement this I think I need a reference to the
> bootstrapRegistries:
>
>             <snip>
>
>             JdbmMasterTable master = new JdbmMasterTable( recMan );
>             AttributeType attributeType =
> bootstrapRegistries.getAttributeTypeRegistry(  )
>
>  .lookup( "apacheUpdn" );
>             JdbmIndex idIndex = new JdbmIndex( attributeType,
>                     partitionDirectory, 1000, 1000 );
>
>             NamingEnumeration list = master.listTuples(  );
>             StringBuffer buf = new StringBuffer(  );
>
>             while ( list.hasMore(  ) )
>
>             <snip>
>
> This code is very similar to my old DS 1.0 code and is a match to the
code
> in 1.5 server-tools:dumpcmd:DumpCommandExecutor.java
>
> How do I get a reference to boostrapRegistries in an running, embedded
> directory?
>
> Doing this throws an exception:
>
>                Registries bootstrapRegistries = new DefaultRegistries(
> "bootstrap",
>                     new BootstrapSchemaLoader(), new DefaultOidRegistry()
);

> javax.naming.NamingException: OID for name 'apacheUpdn' was not found
within
> the OID registry
>  at

org.apache.directory.server.schema.registries.DefaultOidRegistry.getOid(DefaultOidRegistry.java:113)
>  at

org.apache.directory.server.schema.registries.DefaultAttributeTypeRegistry.lookup(DefaultAttributeTypeRegistry.java:156)

--
Regards,
Cordialement,