directory-dev mailing list archives

From Simon.Tem...@saaconsultants.com
Subject Dumping The Partition in DS 1.5
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2007 09:33:53 GMT
For an embedded DS I provide a dump method which prints the content of the jdbm partition(s)
as a form of data integrity check.

In order to implement this I think I need a reference to the bootstrapRegistries:

            <snip>

            JdbmMasterTable master = new JdbmMasterTable( recMan );
            AttributeType attributeType = bootstrapRegistries.getAttributeTypeRegistry(  )
                                                             .lookup( "apacheUpdn" );
            JdbmIndex idIndex = new JdbmIndex( attributeType,
                    partitionDirectory, 1000, 1000 );

            NamingEnumeration list = master.listTuples(  );
            StringBuffer buf = new StringBuffer(  );

            while ( list.hasMore(  ) )

            <snip>

This code is very similar to my old DS 1.0 code and is a match to the code in 1.5 server-tools:dumpcmd:DumpCommandExecutor.java

How do I get a reference to boostrapRegistries in an running, embedded directory?

Doing this throws an exception:

               Registries bootstrapRegistries = new DefaultRegistries( "bootstrap",
                    new BootstrapSchemaLoader(), new DefaultOidRegistry() );

javax.naming.NamingException: OID for name 'apacheUpdn' was not found within the OID registry
 at org.apache.directory.server.schema.registries.DefaultOidRegistry.getOid(DefaultOidRegistry.java:113)
 at org.apache.directory.server.schema.registries.DefaultAttributeTypeRegistry.lookup(DefaultAttributeTypeRegistry.java:156)
<snip>

Many Thanks

Simon Temple